Many homeowners dont realize that the suggested water testing is once a year. Since there is no mandatory regulations in place, it is up to the homeowner to schedule and maintain these tests on their own. So how and why is it so important to have water tested annually?
First off, many hidden dangers and elements in water can come as a huge surprise considering many dont have warning signs. You could be drinking water that is contaminated and not know it. While we always encourage yearly testing, here is more of a reason to get household water tested:
- someone in your household is pregnant or nursing
- there are unexplained illnesses in the family
- your neighbors find a dangerous contaminant in their water
- you note a change in water taste, odor, color or clarity
- there is a spill of chemicals or fuels into or near your well
- when you replace or repair any part of your well system
In addition to the situations where testing is advised to do so more frequently, you can do your own inspection as well for possible contaminants just by understanding your surrounding area.
- is there livestock close by?
- are pesticides being used on nearby agricultural?
- do you use lawn fertilizers near the well?
- is the well located near a road that is frequently salted or sprayed with de-icers during winter months?
Aqua Pump is proud to offer water testing services in Connecticut for both houshold and businesses with our Certified Operator Program. For more questions or to schedule a test, contact our team at (860) 684-5349.